STOP COUNCIL FROM THROWING THE TOWEL IN ON LAKE HUGH MUNTZ
Council has decided to change maintenance from Primary to Secondary contact. What this means is an ongoing degradation until the Lake will be un-swimmable!
Check out the 2017 Newsletter in the Documents Tab for more info.
In 2007 Gold Coast Council presented a Management Plan for Lake Hugh Muntz. This highlighted a steady decline in the water quality and recommended improvements to stop and hopefully reverse this decline.
In 2012 the Lake Hugh Muntz Care Group was formed by concerned residents in the area.The purpose of this group is to;
- Raise awareness of issues effecting the lake with local residents.
- Achieve a consensus on what residents see as the main issues and prioritise.
- Assist council with monitoring and changing conditions in the area.
- Liaise with Council on ongoing problems and recommend solutions.
- Implement improvements with the assistance of local residents.
- Lobby council to fast track works recommended in the Management Plan.