Residents in the LHM area have recieved notification that council has decided to move the Reed Beds to new locations.
Reasons for the move include;
- Reduce the visual impact on many residents.
- Position in areas that provide the most benefit.
- Reduce the risk of damage due to their current exposed postion.
The repositioning will take place in mid December.
For the full info please review the letter distributed by council located in the Documents section.
See below for a brief summary of the FRB and Lake Health Presentation. For anyone who did not attend, the presentation is now avalable in the Documents Tab. Also the Water Tab has been updated with the latest results.
- FRB’s in position for 10 months until the end of trial.
- Council willing to breakup large FRB into 2 pieces to enable more options on possible repositioning after trial is complete.
- Due to cost, seasonal rotation of FRB’s out of the question.
- Push for FRB’s to be returned to original position near the main drains where they are most effective. This to get most from the 230k investment.