THE LHM Care Group requested a meeting with Council to discuss ongoing issues with LHM and to get a update on progress. The meeting was held last week with the following key points:
- LHMCG has accepted NEW terms of reference and will now attend the stakeholder group and as such will receive further updates and results through this group.
- Another Griffith Report updated with Phoslock Trial Results released soon.
- Next stakeholder group meeting is August 5th where Griffith will present their findings of their report in more readable format.
- Methodologies and proposed aerator solutions will be forwarded to Griffith and analysed for their feasibility and discussed in stakeholder meeting in August.
- Phoslock results and analysis will be a main focus of Griffith’s new report.
- Aerators were not presented as a solution in Griffith’s report. Issues with implementing aerators when algae is not controlled.
- Key Griffith recommendation Hydrogen Peroxide not Approved.
- Disagreement over the impact of salt water on the lake from canal. Whether it is beneficial or harmful to lake overall.
- Disagreement over value of lake. Council view as borrow pit for storm water, Care Group views as unique valuable community asset.
Please review full Meeting notes below;